Event Category: SUPX
Welcome to SUPX presented by SALTWALK Club Ltd, Desperate Measures and British Canoeing @ Paddle in the Park.
This boardercross style race tournament follows an “every man/woman for themselves” format, resulting in a high-octane battle royale that plays out between the banks of Holme Pierrepont International White Water Course.
Timings for the SUPX Games on Sunday 3rd of June
10-12pm – Registration, warm up and free practice session
1-3pm Time trialling and river surf
3:30-5pm SUPX racing
We will at times be sharing the course with other paddlers but have an agreement to clear key sections when our races are going on.
Please read the following safety measures and prepare yourself for adrenaline city! SUPX is an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death or serious injury. This event isn’t for whitewater virgins. You have been warned!
For safety reasons it is important to follow some safety measures:
• At least one hand must remain on the paddle always.
• No leashes are permitted at any time.
• The paddle is not permitted to have any sharp edges on the paddle blade.
• Competitors are not permitted to push or hold back other competitors or boards with their hands or paddles.
• board to board contact is allowed and it is possible to use board to push someone offline.
• Competitors are not permitted to ram their boards into another competitor’s body, or to deliberately reach across another competitor’s body with their paddle, or to deliberately hit or displace gates.
• Competitor’s buoyancy aid and helmet must comply with white water course rules and only commercially available, white water boards 11 foot or under are permitted. Competitors may use their own board, or one provided by the organiser.
LET’S GET IT ON!
TICKETS ARE OPEN AND LIMITED TO 32 DUDES AND 32 CHICKS: https://www.webscorer.com/register?raceid=132396